15.1413, Jobs: Text Topology Study: Linguist, Kadix Systems

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed May 5 01:05:30 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-1413. Tue May 4 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.1413, Jobs: Text Topology Study: Linguist, Kadix Systems

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Tue, 4 May 2004 13:31:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:  ashah at kadix.com
Subject:  Text Topology Study: Linguist, Kadix Systems, LLC

Date:  Tue, 4 May 2004 13:31:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:  ashah at kadix.com

University or Organization: Kadix Systems, LLC
Rank of Job: Linguist
Specialty Areas: Text Topology

Kadix Systems is located in Arlington, VA (right outside of Washington
DC). We are a consulting company that only consults for the
government. We currently have projects with the Army, Navy, USDA, IRS,
FBI, etc.

We are in the process of putting together a study for one of our
government clients which involves text topology. The basis of the
study is to develop a method for identifying structures that are
difficult to translate in different languages using the text topology
method. We would like to develop a survey that can be distributed
amongst linguist experts of various languages that will ask them what
structures they think are the most difficult to translate. But we
first need to find someone who is knowledgeable in text topology and
linguistics in order to help us develop the survey. If you are
interested, please feel free to contact me or send me an updated
resume.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Arti Shah
	2611 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Suite 12000