15.3097, FYI: Call: Working Papers in Athabascan Ling

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Nov 3 14:52:29 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3097. Wed Nov 03 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3097, FYI: Call: Working Papers in Athabascan Ling

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date: 03-Nov-2004
From: Gary Holton < gary.holton at uaf.edu >
Subject: Call: Working Papers in Athabascan Ling

Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:50:30
From: Gary Holton < gary.holton at uaf.edu >

Deadline extension: FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS

Working Papers in Athabascan Languages and Linguistics

to be published as Alaska Native Language Center Working Paper no. 4, edited by
Gary Holton and Siri Tuttle

We are extending our deadline to November 29, to allow anyone who might have
_just_ missed the deadline a little more time to finish their papers.
Description of the volume and style sheet follow.

Since 2001 the Alaska Native Language Center has annually published the
proceedings of the Athabascan Languages Conference in its Working Papers
series. Although no conference will be held in 2004, we would like to continue
the annual publication tradition by assembling a collection of working papers to
be published in the Fall of 2004 in both print and electronic formats. This
could be viewed a conference proceedings without the conference.

Papers are invited on all areas of Athabascan linguistics, language teaching,
language policy, and language revitalization. Any topic which would be
appropriate for presentation at the Athabascan Languages Conference is also
appropriate for this working papers volume. We particularly welcome reports on
works-in-progress; explorations of new data; and language pedagogy. As with
previous working papers volumes, submissions will be editorially reviewed, and
publication in the working  papers volume does not preclude publication elsewhere.

Electronic submission is encouraged. If possible, submit papers in Microsoft
Word format. Include copies of all fonts with your submission. Submissions can
be sent to

  Working Papers
  Alaska Native Language Center
  Box 757680
  Fairbanks, AK  99775-7680
  USA

or emailed to ffsgt1 at uaf.edu. NEW Deadline for submission is November 29, 2004.

The following are some basic style guidelines to follow when preparing your paper.

* Papers should be single-spaced. The working papers will not
  be reduced, so there is no need to add extra space or make
  the font size large. There is no pre-defined page-limit,
  though we expect most contributions will not exceed 30 pages.

*Font: 12 pt Times for text and subheadings

*Margins: 1' left, right, top; 1.5' bottom

*Numbering: leave pages unnumbered but pencil in number on back
  of  page.
*Headings: Title (bold and centered 14 point)

*skip a line Name (centered) skip a line Affiliation (centered)
  Abstract: none

*Subheadings should be flush left. Subheading 1 bold,
  subheading 2  italic, subheading 3 same as normal text.
  Please don't go below subheading 3!

*Use footnotes, not endnotes.

Please direct questions to Siri Tuttle at ffsgt1 at uaf.edu or (907)474-5708.

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; Applied Linguistics; General
Linguistics