15.3114, Jobs: General Linguistics: Instructor, Bi-Lengua

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 5 03:19:52 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3114. Thu Nov 04 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3114, Jobs: General Linguistics: Instructor, Bi-Lengua

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 03-Nov-2004
From: Nikki O'Dell < nodell at bilengua.com >
Subject: General Linguistics: Instructor, Bi-Lengua, VA, USA

Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 22:08:28
From: Nikki O'Dell < nodell at bilengua.com >

University or Organization: Bi-Lengua
Job Rank: Independent Contractors, Instructors & Interns
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Translation;
                          Corporate Training, Interpretation
Required Language(s): Arabic; Standard Chinese; Mandarin; English; French;
                                    German, Standard; Italian; Japanese; Latin;
                                    Portuguese; Russian; Spanish

Independent Contract Instructors will teach the specified foreign language(s) to
our students of all ages and our corporate and professional clients, and will
design course curricula, in whole, or in part.

Instructors will be responsible for planning course logistics, curricula, and
appropriate extra-curricular activities and cultural excursions for students
(when applicable), and for maintaining records of students' progress.

Incumbents will be equipped with their own teaching supplies and a very strong
ability to work independently and represent the company professionally to all
students and clients.

As our language offerings expand, so do our locations. Therefore, incumbents
will have options of teaching and servicing our clients' needs for other
linguistic services (translation, interpretation, liaision, etc.) in various
geographical locations throughout Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., and
in the Dominican Republic. Please indicate which of the above geographical areas
you are willing to work in or travel to. (Travel expenses will only be paid for
International travel. No relocation expenses will be paid.)

Teaching certifications not required, but a plus. If no teaching certificate,
applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to teach or provide the
linguistic service on assignments.  TOEFL certificates a plus as well.

Address for Applications:

	Miss Nikki O'Dell
	2146 Jefferson Davis Highway
	Suite 3
	Stafford, VA 22554
	United States of America

Application Deadline: 31-Dec-2004

Contact Information:

	Miss Nikki O'Dell
	Email: careers at bilengua.com
	Phone: 1 (540) 659.4455
	Fax: 1 (540) 659.8863
	Website: http://www.bilengua.com

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.