15.3128, Jobs: Functional Ling: Language Expert, Voice Signal

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Nov 7 07:06:49 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3128. Sun Nov 07 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3128, Jobs: Functional Ling: Language Expert, Voice Signal

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 06-Nov-2004
From: Jordan Cohen < jrc at voicesignal.com >
Subject: Functional Linguistics: Language Expert, Voice Signal, MA, USA

Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 01:49:10
From: Jordan Cohen < jrc at voicesignal.com >

University or Organization: Voice Signal
Department: Language Localization
Job Rank: Language Expert
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General
                          Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Language
                          Description; Phonetics; Phonology; Sociolinguistics;
                          Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation; Language
                          Localization, Translation, and Lexicon Building
Required Language(s): Ati; Dutch; Indonesian; Norwegian; Nynorsk; Polish;
                                    Romanian; Russian; Swedish; Thai; Vietnamese

Searching for educated native or near-native speakers of 10 languages to
help with design and localization of products.   We would like to find people in or
near Boston, but are willing to pay for travel and expenses for the right people
from almost anywhere.  Work schedules will be flexible, but we will be trying to
produce good interfaces with relatively tight timelines so they cannot be casual.

Work will consist of translations, writing pronunciations, locating or making
lexical resources, possibly recording word strings, and other linguistic duties.
Our activities will extend for several months in each language, with the
possibility of continuing employment for particularly skilled participants.

Address for Applications:

Dr. Jordan Cohen
jrc at voicesignal.com

Application Deadline: Open Until Filled

Contact Information:

Dr. Jordan Cohen
Email: jrc at voicesignal.com
Phone: 781 970 5236 / 339 298 1008
Fax: 781 970 5300
Website: http://www.voicesignal.com

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!