15.3144, Jobs: General Linguistics: Visiting Prof, U of Oklahoma

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 9 17:52:21 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3144. Tue Nov 09 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3144, Jobs: General Linguistics: Visiting Prof, U of Oklahoma

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 08-Nov-2004
From: Marcia Haag < haag at nhn.ou.edu >
Subject: General Linguistics: Visiting Professor, University of Oklahoma, OK, USA

Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 12:49:51
From: Marcia Haag < haag at nhn.ou.edu >

University or Organization: University of Oklahoma
Department: Modern Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
Job Rank: One year, visiting renewable
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology; Historical Linguistics

The University of Oklahoma announces a one-year visiting renewable
appointment in Linguistics.  PhD in Linguistics, or ABD with excellent
teaching experience.  Candidates should be able to teach core courses at
the undergraduate level  but particularly the sound-based courses of
phonetics, phonology, and if possible historical linguistics.  Teaching
load is 3 courses per semester.  Any research specialty is acceptable;
there is ample opportunity for research in Native American languages.
Interviews will be conducted by telephone.  Women and minorities are
encouraged to apply.  The University of Oklahoma is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity employer.

Address for Applications:

	Dr. Marcia Haag
	Dept. of Modern Languages, Literatu
	780 Van Vleet Oval, Room 222
	Norman, OK 73019
	United States of America

Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2005

Contact Information:

	Dr. Marcia Haag
	Email: haag at nhn.ou.edu
	Phone: 405 325-1548
	Fax: 405 325-0103

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!