15.3183, Jobs: Anthropological Ling: Asst Prof, U of Michigan

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Nov 13 01:06:02 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3183. Fri Nov 12 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3183, Jobs: Anthropological Ling: Asst Prof, U of Michigan

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 12-Nov-2004
From: Barry Bogin < bbogin at umich.edu >
Subject: Anthropological Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Michigan-Dearborn, MI, USA

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 19:58:50
From: Barry Bogin < bbogin at umich.edu >

University or Organization: University of Michigan-Dearborn
Department: Behavioral Sciences
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Anthropological Linguistics; Cognitive Science

University of Michigan-Dearborn, Anthropology Discipline seeks a
tenure-track Assistant Professor.  Appointment begins with the 2005
academic year (begins Sept. 1). Ph.D. required by time of appointment.
Candidates should be able to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in
the areas of cognitive and linguistic anthropology, as well as a general
four-field introduction to anthropology.  Other courses in cultural or
biological anthropology in the current curriculum will be added, depending
on the candidate's background.  We are especially interested in candidates
who are able to teach and conduct research from a biocultural and
evolutionary perspective.  We encourage faculty to develop new courses,
especially ones that meet our mission to teach students about national and
global diversity.

The Anthropology program at the University of Michigan-Dearborn is part of
the Behavioral Sciences Department.  There are 24 full-time faculty in
Psychology (including cognitive psychology), Sociology and Anthropology.
UM-D values a teacher/scholar model and high quality undergraduate
education.  Master's programs are also offered, including an M.S. in Health
Psychology.

The teaching load is three courses per term.  An active program of
research/scholarship is also expected. We encourage student engagement in
teaching and research.  Many courses take part in our student-mentor
program (senior students mentor beginning students).  Our Anthropology
Apprentice program involves students in the research, teaching, and service
work of the faculty.

Please send a CV, a letter describing your teaching and research goals, and
names of three references to the address below.  Evaluation of applicants will
begin on February 1, 2005.  Applications received after this date will be
considered until the position is filled.

The University of Michigan-Dearborn is dedicated to the goal of building a
culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and
working in a multicultural environment. The University strongly encourages
applications from minorities and women. The University of Michigan is an
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.

Address for Applications:

Prof. Barry Bogin
Department of Behavioral Sciences
University of Michigan-Dearborn
Dearborn, MI 48128
United States of America

Application Deadline: Open Until Filled

Contact Information:

Barry Bogin
Email: bbogin at umich.edu
Phone: 313-593-5113
Website: http://casl.umd.umich.edu/behsci/

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.