15.3194, FYI: ERF 2004 Award; Web as Corpus at CL 2005

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Nov 13 22:44:18 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3194. Sat Nov 13 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3194, FYI: ERF 2004 Award; Web as Corpus at CL 2005

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 13-Nov-2004
From: Julian Bamford < bamford at shonan.bunkyo.ac.jp> >
Subject: ERF 2004 Language Learner Literature Award

2)
Date: 12-Nov-2004
From: Marco Baroni < baroni at sslmit.unibo.it >
Subject: The Web as Corpus at CL 2005

Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:35:26
From: Julian Bamford < bamford at shonan.bunkyo.ac.jp> >

The Extensive Reading Foundation 2004 Language Learner Literature Award

The Extensive Reading Foundation (ERF) is a new, unaffiliated, not-for
profit group to support and promote extensive reading in language
education.  The ERF has established an award for language learner
literature (graded readers) in English.

The winning books for 2004 will be announced on November 20 at
the Japan Association for Language Teaching International
Conference (JALT 2004) in Nara.

For more information about the ERF and the Language Learner
Literature Award, visit  erfoundation.org.

Note: We will notify you of the winning books shortly after November 21.
However, if you publish after November 21 but need copy immediately,
we can send you advanced notice of the winning books.
Write to bamford at shonan.bunkyo.ac.jp.

Richard Day, Extensive Reading Foundation Chair
rday at hawaii.edu

Linguistic Field(s): Ling & Literature