15.3219, Jobs: Semantics: Asst Prof,U of California at Santa Cruz

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 16 15:57:06 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3219. Tue Nov 16 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3219, Jobs: Semantics: Asst Prof,U of California at Santa Cruz

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 15-Nov-2004
From: Tanya Honig < tbhonig at ucsc.edu >
Subject: Semantics: Visiting Asst Professor, University of California at Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:50:40
From: Tanya Honig < tbhonig at ucsc.edu >

University or Organization: UCSC
Department: Dept. of Linguistics
Job Rank: Visiting Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Semantics

The Department of Linguistics at the University of California, Santa
Cruz, announces the opening of a two-year visiting position in
semantics for 2005-06 and 2006-2007, pending budgetary approval.  The
campus is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to
the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their
research, teaching and service.

Applicants should have a PhD degree in Linguistics and a research and
teaching specialization in formal semantics.  A secondary specialization in
syntax will be viewed favorably.  The incumbent is expected to contribute
breadth to our undergraduate curriculum and will also contribute to the graduate
curriculum.  Applicants should provide evidence of excellence in teaching.

The department has Ph.D and M.A. programs in theoretical linguistics
focused on syntax, semantics, and phonology and undergraduate majors
in Linguistics and Language Studies.  The teaching load for this
position will be four courses divided among three quarters, starting
in fall 2005. Further information about the program and the research
interests of its faculty is available on the internet at http://ling.ucsc.edu

Salary:
$46,300 - $51,700, commensurate with qualifications and experience

Minimum Qualifications:
PhD in Linguistics  in hand by June 30, 2005 as well as research and
teaching specialization in semantics.

Position Available :
2005-2006  academic year.  Possibility of renewal for 2006-2007
academic year.

Apply to:  (Specify any material to be submitted):
Applicants should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of not
more than three research papers, evidence of teaching experience, and names and
contact information for three recommenders to the address below and refer to
position T05-17 in your reply.

Address for Applications

Semantics Search Committee
Dept. of Linguistics, Stevenson College
1156 High Street
University of California
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
United States of America

Application Deadline: 01-Feb-2005

Contact Information:

Professor Donka Farkas
Email: farkas at ucsc.edu
Phone: 831-459-2905
Website: http://ling.ucsc.edu/

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.