15.3223, Jobs: Cognitive Science: Asst Prof, Carleton University

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Nov 17 03:17:18 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3223. Tue Nov 16 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3223, Jobs: Cognitive Science: Asst Prof, Carleton University

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 16-Nov-2004
From: Andrew Brook < abrook at ccs.carleton.ca >
Subject: Cognitive Science: Asst Prof, Carleton University, Ontario, Canada

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:10:55
From: Andrew Brook < abrook at ccs.carleton.ca >

University or Organization: Carleton University
Department: Cognitive Science/Linguistics & Applied Language Studies
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Language and Cognition

School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies/Institute of
Cognitive Science

Assistant Professor of Linguistics and Cognitive Science
(tenure-stream), July 2005, subject to budgetary approval.

This is a joint 50-50 appointment in the Institute of Cognitive
Science and the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies.
Applicants should have a PhD in Linguistics with some
interdisciplinary experience in computational or experimental
approaches to language, or a PhD in Cognitive Science with a strong
background in generative linguistic theory. Further qualifications
include evidence of strong research potential and commitment to
excellence in teaching. Responsibilities will include teaching
undergraduate courses in linguistics, and undergraduate and graduate
courses in cognitive science, student supervision and advising, and
departmental service.

Carleton University is a research-intensive university in Canada's
capital. We offer a PhD in Cognitive Science and an MA in Applied
Language Studies. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
The applications of Canadians and permanent residents will be given
priority. Carleton University is committed to equality of employment
for women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, and persons with
disabilities. Persons from these groups are encouraged to apply.
Applications, including a c.v., at least three letters of reference,
samples of recent research, and evidence of excellence in teaching
should be sent to the address below For further information, email
Prof. Brook (abrook at ccs.carleton.ca) or the Director of the School of
Linguistics and Applied Language Studies, Prof. Desmond Allison
(desmond_allison at carleton.ca) or visit (http://www.carleton.ca/ics/) or
(www.carleton.ca/slals/). Deadline for consideration in the first round:
December 1. However, we will continue to receive new applications
until the position is filled.

Address for Applications:

Prof. Andrew Brook, Director
Institute of Cognitive Science, 2201 Dunton
Carleton University
1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, Ontario, K1S 5B6
Canada

Application Deadline: Open Until Filled

Contact Information:

Prof. Andrew Brook
Email: abrook at ccs.carleton.ca
Phone: 613-520-2368
Fax: 613-520-3985
Website: http://www.carleton.ca/ics/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!