15.3287, Jobs: Neuroling/Psycholing: Asst Prof, U of Florida

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 23 04:17:46 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3287. Mon Nov 22 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3287, Jobs: Neuroling/Psycholing: Asst Prof, U of Florida

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 22-Nov-2004
From: Jolee Gibbs < jrgibbs at lin.ufl.edu >
Subject: Neurolinguistics/Psycholinguistics: Asst Prof, University of Florida, FL, USA

Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:10:59
From: Jolee Gibbs < jrgibbs at lin.ufl.edu >

University or Organization: University of Florida
Department: Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Neurolinguistics/Psycholinguistics, Syntax, Semantics

The University of Florida invites applications for a tenure-track appointment in
neurolinguistics or psycholinguistics at the rank of assistant professor,
effective August 2005. We seek a colleague with a primary specialization in
neurolinguistics or psycholinguistics whose research and teaching interests
interface with at least one other area of linguistics, preferably syntax or
semantics. Candidates must hold the Ph.D. by the start date.

The successful candidate will be expected to 1) maintain an active research
agenda, 2) teach up to four courses per academic year, 3) participate actively
in the academic life of the department, and 4) establish and maintain ties with
the McKnight Brain Institute of the University of Florida.

UF Linguistics is a vibrant and diverse unit committed to a healthy balance
between theory and application. We have 9 core faculty members and another 15 in
related departments. We seek to deepen our offerings in neurolinguistics and
psycholinguistics. See our web site at http://www.lin.ufl.edu

The Evelyn F. and William L. McKnight Brain Institute is one of the world's
largest research institutions devoted to the brain. The Institute's research and
educational programs incorporate over 300 faculty members from 57 academic
departments and 11 colleges within the University. For more information, please
visit http://www.mbi.ufl.edu

Please apply on-line at (http://www.ufl.edu). In addition, please send a letter
indicating interest in the position, a current CV, statements of research and
teaching interests, reprints or other written work, and teaching evaluations (if
available) and arrange to have three recent letters of reference sent directly
to the address below.

To receive full consideration, applications should arrive by December 13, 2004.
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Institution.

Address for Applications:

Neurolinguistics/Psycholinguistics Search Committee, Eric Potsdam
Linguistics
P.O. Box 115454
4131 Turlington Hall
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL  32611-5454
United States of America

Application Deadline: 13-Dec-2004

Contact Information:

Eric Potsdam
Email: potsdam at ufl.edu
Phone: 352-392-0639 x232
Fax: 352-392-8480
Website: http://www.lin.ufl.edu

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!