15.3289, Jobs: Syntax: Asst Prof, McGill University

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 23 04:30:52 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3289. Mon Nov 22 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3289, Jobs: Syntax: Asst Prof, McGill University

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 22-Nov-2004
From: Lydia White < lydia.white at mcgill.ca >
Subject: Syntax: Asst Prof, McGill University, Quebec, Canada

Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:28:02
From: Lydia White < lydia.white at mcgill.ca >

University or Organization: McGill University
Department: Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Syntax

The Department of Linguistics, McGill University, invites applications for a
tenure-track position in Syntax, expected to be at a junior level, effective
August 1st, 2005.

Qualifications are a PhD in Linguistics with primary specialization in Syntax
and a record of high quality research and publication. In keeping with the
orientation of the department, applicants should have a demonstrated research
specialization in theoretical syntax with a strong empirical basis.
Responsibilities include teaching and supervision at the graduate and
undergraduate levels.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and
permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. McGill University is
committed to equity in employment. Applicants should send a letter of
introduction, CV, teaching evaluations, sample of research, and arrange for
three letters of recommendation to be sent.

Address for Applications:

        Prof. Lydia White
        Dept. of Linguistics, McGill University
        1085 Dr. Penfield Avenue
        Montreal, Que. H3A 1A7
        Canada

Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2005

Contact Information:

        Ms. Lise Vinette
        Email: lise.vinette at mcgill.ca
        Phone: 514 398 4222
        Fax: 514 398 7088
        Website: http://www.arts.mcgill.ca/programs/linguistics/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!