15.2725, Jobs: Socioling: Visiting Prof, Ohio State U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 1 20:36:45 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-2725. Fri Oct 01 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.2725, Jobs: Socioling: Visiting Prof, Ohio State U

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 30-Sep-2004
From: Frances Crowell < crowell.2 at osu.edu >
Subject: Socioling: Visiting Prof, Ohio State U, Columbus, USA

Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:33:39
From: Frances Crowell < crowell.2 at osu.edu >

University or Organization: The Ohio State University
Department: Linguistics
Job Rank: Visiting Professor
Specialty Areas: None

The Department of Linguistics at The Ohio State University seeks candidates
for a visiting position in Sociolinguistics, starting Autumn 2005.  The
area of specialization within Sociolinguistics is open, as is the rank of
the appointment.  The period of appointment can be for part or all of the
academic year, with a preference for individuals who will spend the entire
year.  Candidates are expected to have their Ph.D. completed by the time of
the appointment.

The duties of the new appointee will include teaching at graduate and
undergraduate levels, advising graduate students, and participation in the
research activities of the department.

Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2004, and continue until
the position is filled.

Dossiers consisting of a letter of interest with a reference to the
Sociolinguistics position, current curriculum vitae and the names of three
references should be sent to apply.

The Ohio State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer.  Women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, disabled veterans and
individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.

For questions, please contact Brian Joseph (bjoseph at ling.osu.edu) or Beth
Hume (ehume at ling.osu.edu).  For information about the Department of
Linguistics, please visit www.ling.ohio-state.edu

Address for Applications:

	Ms Frances Crowell
	Sociolinguistics Search Committee
	1712 Neil Ave.
	Columbus, OH 43210
	United States of America

Application Deadline: Open Until Filled

Contact Information:

	Professor Brian Joseph
	Email: bjoseph at ling.osu.edu
	Phone: 614-292-4052
	Fax: 614-292-8833
	Website: http://www.ling.ohio-state.edu

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!