15.2822, Jobs: Phonology: Asst Prof, Cornell University

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Oct 10 02:42:23 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-2822. Sat Oct 09 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.2822, Jobs: Phonology: Asst Prof, Cornell University

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 08-Oct-2004
From: Sheila Haddad < sjh1 at cornell.edu >
Subject: Phonology: Asst Prof, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA

Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 22:39:22
From: Sheila Haddad < sjh1 at cornell.edu >

University or Organization: Cornell University
Department: Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Phonology

Cornell University, Ithaca NY 14853. The Department of Linguistics invites
applications for a tenure-track position in phonological theory, to begin July
1, 2005.  Though not required, strength in a secondary area, such as
computational linguistics, morphology, phonetics, psycholinguistics, or
sociolinguistics, will be viewed as an asset. PhD required. It is expected that
the position will be at the rank of assistant professor, but appointment at a
higher rank for an exceptional candidate might be possible.

To ensure full consideration, candidates should send a letter of application,
CV, representative published or unpublished scholarly work, and at least three
letters of recommendation by December 1, 2004 to Phonology Search Committee,
Department of Linguistics, Morrill Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
14853-4701. Any inquiries may be addressed to Abby Cohn (acc4 at cornell.edu),
Draga Zec (dz17 at cornell.edu), or Mats Rooth (mr249 at cornell.edu).

Cornell is an AA/EO Employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.

Address for Applications:

	Professor John Bowers
	Dept. of Linguistics, 203 Morrill Hall
	Cornell University
	Ithaca, NY 14853-4701
	United States of America

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2004

Contact Information:

	Professor Abby Cohn
	Email: acc4 at cornell.edu
	Phone: 607-255-1747
	Fax: 607-255-2044
	Website: http://ling.cornell.edu

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!