15.2856, Jobs: Clinical/General Ling: Lecturer, U/Central England

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 12 17:43:46 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-2856. Tue Oct 12 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.2856, Jobs: Clinical/General Ling: Lecturer, U/Central England

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 12-Oct-2004
From: Suzanne Kelland < suzanne.kelland at uce.ac.uk >
Subject: Clinical/General Ling: Lecturer, U of Central England, Birmingham, UK

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:39:01
From: Suzanne Kelland < suzanne.kelland at uce.ac.uk >

University or Organization: University of Central England
Department: Health and Community Care
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Clinical

School of Speech and Language Therapy
Lecturer - Clinical Linguistics/General Linguistics

£25,182 - £29,677 per annum

Ref: HEA6/70

UCE's Faculty of Health and Community Care is one of the largest centres for
health and social care education in the country. We're proud of our reputation
for excellence and are constantly developing and expanding our range of courses
to meet tomorrow's healthcare needs today.

In this diverse role you will be primarily involved in the development, delivery
and assessment of modules at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, in at least
two of the following areas: Clinical Linguistics Assessments, Phonetics,
Phonology, Psycholinguistics, Sociolinguistics, Pragmatics and Syntax. You will
also be expected to carry out research and publish in relevant areas, support
on-line resources and be responsible for a group of personal tutees.

You will need to have a PhD in Linguistics, or be near completion and have a
keen interest in speech and language therapy and the clinical application of
linguistics.

Previous applicants are welcome to re-apply due to a completely revised job
description/person specification.

For an informal discussion, contact Gill Rose, Acting Head of School on
0121 331 7995 or email: gill.rose at uce.ac.uk or Jodi Tommerdahl, Linguist on 0121
331 6679 or email: jodi.tommerdahl at uce.ac.uk.

The University seeks to be a single status employer and benefits include up to
32 days annual holiday, an index linked contributory pension scheme and a free
employee medical scheme.

Applications forms (returnable by 29 October 2004) and further details from:
Personnel Department, Feeney Building, University of Central England,
Perry Barr, Birmingham B42 2SU. Tel: 0121 331 6693/6273 or email:
application.form at uce.ac.uk Please quote the appropriate reference number.

To download job details directly, go to (http://www.uce.ac.uk) and select job
vacancies.

The University of Central England is an Equal Opportunities Employer and
welcomes applications from all sections of the community.

Address for Applications

Personnel Department
Feeney Building
University of Central England,
4th Floor Feeney Building, Perry Barr
Birmingham B42 2SU
United Kingdom

Application Deadline: 29-Oct-2004

Contact Information:

Gill Rose
Email: gill.rose at uce.ac.uk
Phone: 0121 331 7995
Website: http://www.uce.ac.uk

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.  It is
being posted as a service to the discipline.