15.2896, Jobs: Syntax: Post Doc, Carleton College

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Oct 14 02:28:37 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-2896. Wed Oct 13 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.2896, Jobs: Syntax: Post Doc, Carleton College

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 13-Oct-2004
From: Tamara Little < tlittle at carleton.edu >
Subject: Syntax: Post Doc, Carleton College, MN, USA

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:25:10
From: Tamara Little < tlittle at carleton.edu >

University or Organization: Carleton College
Department: Linguistics
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: None

The Linguistics Program at Carleton College seeks candidates for a two-year
Mellon post-doctoral teaching fellowship for a recent Ph.D. (within the last
five years). Appointment involves half-time teaching (one course in each of
three ten-week terms) and half-time for research and writing. We hope to appoint
someone with a specialization in syntax, with a focus on a particular language
other than English. Deadline for application is January 2, 2005. We plan to
interview candidates at the LSA Annual Meeting in San Francisco.

Carleton is a selective liberal arts college with 1850 students located 45 miles
south of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Carleton is an affirmative
action/equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged
to apply.

Send letter of application with a description of courses you might like to teach
and research plans for the next two years, c.v., and three recent letters of
reference and graduate transcripts to the address below.

Address for Applications:

Director Michael Flynn
Linguistics Program
Carleton College
One North College Street
Northfield, MN 55057
United States of America

Application Deadline: 02-Jan-2005

Contact Information:

Director Micheal Flynn
Email: mjflynn at carleton.edu
Phone: (507) 646-4020
Fax: (507) 646-7594
Website: http://www.carleton.edu

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!