15.2978, Jobs: Spanish/Socioling: Asst/Assoc Prof, Texas A&M U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 20 18:53:01 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-2978. Wed Oct 20 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.2978, Jobs: Spanish/Socioling: Asst/Assoc Prof, Texas A&M U

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 20-Oct-2004
From: Nancy Dyer < njd at tamu.edu >
Subject: Spanish & Sociolinguistics: Asst or Assoc Prof, Texas A&M University, TX, USA

Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:49:10
From: Nancy Dyer < njd at tamu.edu >

University or Organization: Texas A&M University
Department: Hispanic Studies
Job Rank: Assistant or Associate Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics, Sociolinguistics
Required Language: Spanish

The Department of Hispanic Studies at Texas A&M University announces a position
for an assistant or associate professor with research and  teaching specialty in
Hispanic linguistics with emphasis on sociolinguistics and applied
linguistics/pedagogy.  Candidates must demonstrate a strong commitment to
teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels and a research agenda
consistent with an appointment in a doctoral interdisciplinary program.
Candidates for this position will be able to contribute to the new doctoral
program in Hispanic Studies.  Research opportunities are available through the
university's interdisciplinary Glasscock Center for Humanities Research.
Candidates must possess native or near-native command of Spanish.  Salary and
benefits are competitive.  Letter of application and complete dossier must be
postmarked by November 1 and sent to the address below. We will be interviewing
at MLA.  Texas A&M University is an Equal Opportunity Employer; minority and
women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. The University is especially
interested in candidates committed to building a culturally diverse educational
environment through working with diverse student and community populations and
through their research, teaching and service.

Address for Applications:
Dr. Nancy Joe Dyer
Linguistics Search Committee Chair
Department of Hispanic Studies
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4238
United States of America

Application Deadline: 01-Nov-2004

Contact Information:

Prof. Nancy Joe Dyer
Email: njd at tamu.edu
Phone: 979-845-2125
Website: http://hisp.tamu.edu/

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.