15.2614, Jobs: Applied Ling: Senior Lecturer, U of Wellington

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 20 18:27:29 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-2614. Mon Sep 20 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.2614, Jobs: Applied Ling: Senior Lecturer, U of Wellington

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:51:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:  kate.downes at haines.co.nz
Subject:  Jobs: Applied Ling: Senior Lecturer, Victoria University of Wellington

Date:  Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:51:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:  kate.downes at haines.co.nz

University or Organization: Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Department: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Rank of Job: Senior Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Applied Linguistics

School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies
Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand

We are looking for a new staff member to join our well-established
team of teachers and researchers in applied linguistics.

The successful applicant will be able to show evidence of effective
teaching skills and the ability to design, implement and publish
peer-reviewed research in the field of applied linguistics. An
appointment at Senior Lecturer level will require a strong record of
research and publication. An appointment at Lecturer level would be
suitable for a promising candidate who has recently, or nearly,
completed a PhD.

The major emphasis of the positions is on TESOL. Although we have
listed areas of speciality in the job description, we are particularly
looking for people who are committed to making a difference in the
field of language education, who can work with experienced and
pre-service language teachers and who are able to supervise to PhD
level. Our postgraduate programmes for teachers have been running for
many years and our MA is now available for students studying at a
distance. In addition we are about to embark on teaching a new B.Ed
(TESOL) degree specifically for Malaysian teachers of English.

This is an excellent opportunity to make a significant contribution to
an internationally recognised School at a time of change. A job
description is attached. For further information about us, please
visit our web-site at http://www.vuw.ac.nz/lals/ or contact our executive
assistant at the following address: bernie.hambleton at vuw.ac.nz

Applications close 1 November 2004.  Please quote ref HSS 451.

Further information and an online application form is available at
http://www.jobs.vuw.ac.nz

Victoria University of Wellington is an EEO employer.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: HR Assistant
	Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
	PO Box 600
	Wellington, 6002
	New Zealand

	Applications are due by 01-Nov-2004

Contact Information:

	HR Assistant
	Email: hss-appoint at vuw.ac.nz
	Tel: +64-4-463 5236
	Website: http://www.vuw.ac.nz

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!