16.987, Jobs: Phonology: Associate Lecturer, U of Wisconsin

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 1 18:44:31 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-987. Fri Apr 01 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.987, Jobs: Phonology: Associate Lecturer, U of Wisconsin

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 01-Apr-2005
From: Anja Wanner < awanner at wisc.edu >
Subject: Applied Linguistics/Phonology: Associate Lecturer, University of Wisconsin-Madison, WI, USA

Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 13:37:57
From: Anja Wanner < awanner at wisc.edu >

Fund Drive 2005 is now on! Visit http://linguistlist.org/donate.html to donate now!

University or Organization: University of Wisconsin-Madison
Department: English
Job Rank: Associate Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Phonology
Required Language: English (ENG)

2 Associate Lecturer positions (can be combined) for Fall 2005/06

Degree and area of specialization: Minimum of all but dissertation, Applied
English Linguistics or related field with significant specialization in the
subject of the course; Ph.D. preferred.

Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Previous University/College level teaching experience preferred.

Principal duties:

1) Vacancy Listing PVL# 49962: Teach English 330, English Phonology. Basic
principles of phonetics and phonology applied to the description of English.
Prepare, administer, and grade exams; hold office hours, etc.

http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/pvl/pv_049962.html (listing may not reflect new
application deadline yet)

2) Vacancy Listing PVL# 49966:  Teach English 331, English Language
Variation in the U.S. (Description and analysis of geographical and social
variation in English in the United States.) Duties include course instruction;
preparing, administering, and grading exams; and holding office hours.

http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/pvl/pv_049966.html (listing may not reflect new
application deadline yet)

A period of evaluation will be required
*************************
Appointment type: Academic Staff
Department(s): L&S/ENGLISH
Full time salary rate: Minimum $30,000 ACADEMIC (9 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Term: This position will end on JANUARY 05, 2006.
Appointment percent (each course): 33.33%
Anticipated begin date: AUGUST 22, 2005

HOW TO APPLY: Please send letter of application, curriculum vitae, and
sample syllabus. Send resume and cover letter referring to Position Vacancy
Listing # to the address below.

NOTE: Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding
the names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be
guaranteed confidentiality.

UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote
excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.

Address for Applications:

	Gini Martens
	Department of English
	600 N. Park Street
	Madison, WI 53706-1474
	United States of America

Application Deadline: 15-Apr-2005

Contact Information:

	Gini Martens
	Email: vmartens at wisc.edu
	Phone: 608-263-3766, TTY: 608-263-2473
	Website: http://www.english.wisc.edu/

\
This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.