16.997, Jobs: Applied Ling/TEFL: Instructor, BKC-IH Moscow

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Apr 2 03:38:35 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-997. Fri Apr 01 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.997, Jobs: Applied Ling/TEFL: Instructor, BKC-IH Moscow

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 01-Apr-2005
From: Rodion Amerkhanov < recruit at bkc.ru >
Subject: Applied Linguistics/TEFL: Instructor, BKC-IH Moscow, Russia

Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:30:43
From: Rodion Amerkhanov < recruit at bkc.ru >

Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:31:15
From: Rodion Amerkhanov < recruit at bkc.ru >

Fund Drive 2005 is now on! Visit http://linguistlist.org/donate.html to donate now!

University or Organization: BKC-IH Moscow
Job Rank: Instructor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; TEFL

Teaching Positions with International House:
-    EFL Teachers (YL / Adults in Moscow / Small towns)
-    Teachers of Modern Languages (Spanish / Italian / French / German)
Positions are available for August - September 2005 start

Requirements:
EFL teacher:
Applicants must have one of the following qualifications:
- Cambridge CELTA
- Trinity TESOL
- MA in TESOL
- IHCYL / CELTYL
- Equal TEFL certificate
Newly qualified are welcome.

Teachers of Modern Languages:
- IH certificate in teaching Modern Languages
- University Degree in teaching Modern Languages
- University Degree in Linguistics
Applicants can take a Cambridge CELTA/DELTA and/or IHCYL certificates in
Moscow (BKC-IH Teacher Training Center).

Teacher Training:
We have a Teacher Training Center for the IH Certificate in Teaching
English to YL, Cambridge CELTA and DELTA. We have been regularly running
Cambridge CELTA and DELTA courses for the past 8 years. Further information
on BKC-IH Teacher Training Center http://www.bkc.ru/eng/training

Teacher Development:
We run monthly development seminars for all BKC teachers. As per contract
every third Saturday of the month is a training day. Majority of sessions
are run by the EMT (Educational Management Team) members though we warmly
encourage your fellow teachers to come along and share their ideas as well.
Further information on BKC teacher's development
http://www.bkc.ru/eng/teaching/seminars.html

Main Terms and Conditions of BKC-IH Contract:
9/6-month long contracts with competitive salary, a bonus system, visa
support, paid accommodation and transport, airfare subsidy, generous length
of paid holiday and health care. Contract covers 100 normal hours per
month, consisting of 90 hours of teaching plus 10 hours of other types of
educational work. Considerable discounts (50%) are offered to teachers who
are interested in learning Russian at our School of Modern Languages.
Regular outings and parties are organized to liven up our academic calendar.

School:
Further information on BKC - IH and essays written by teachers who have
worked for BKC can be found on our web sites www.unbound.ru or
http://www.bkc.ru/eng/teachers/list.html

Locations:
There are about 20 EFL schools located mainly in Moscow but also in the
area around the capital. Many teachers enjoy working in schools in small
towns. As for people in smaller towns, they are friendly, kind and
warm-hearted, as usually found in provincial towns. Learn more
http://www.bkc.ru/eng/teaching/small.html.

School Facilities:
Schools are equipped with computers, resource libraries, Internet access, etc.

Courses:
General English, ESP, Modern languages (French, German, Spanish, Italian,
Russian as a foreign language, etc), Young Learners (6-15) and Very Young
Learners (3-6), Business English, Camps for Young Learners

Students:
About 3000-4000 students take courses at BKC-IH Moscow a year. Student
ratio is adults (56 %), Young Learners (41 %) and Very Young Learners (3%).

Application Procedure:
Contact person:
Oxana Vladimirskaya
recruit at bkc.ru or recr at bkc-ih.com
[put 'Recruitment' in the subject field]

Online application:
http://www.bkc.ru/eng/jobs/enrol.html
[You can also download the application form in Word format and send it back
to us via e-mail. Our contact address is recruit at bkc.ru]

BKC-International House Moscow
15 Starovagankovsky per.,
Moscow 121019, Russia
http://www.bkc.ru/eng
Phone 007 (095) 737 52 25
Fax 007 (095) 737 65 79

Address for Applications:

	Recruitment officer Oxana Vladimirskaya
	Starovagankovski per., 15
	Moscow 119019
	Russia

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

	Recruitment officer Oxana Vladimirskaya
	Email: recruit at bkc.ru
	Phone: 007 095 737 52 25
	Fax: 007 095 737 65 79
	Website: http://www.bkc.ru/eng

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.