16.1017, FYI: LSA LISC Organized Session; 4/2005 SpecGram Online

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Apr 3 20:27:00 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1017. Sun Apr 03 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1017, FYI: LSA LISC Organized Session; 4/2005 SpecGram Online

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 01-Apr-2005
From: Kristin Denham < kristin.denham at wwu.edu >
Subject: LSA LISC Organized Session

2)
Date: 31-Mar-2005
From: Trey Jones < Trey at SpecGram.com >
Subject: All-New SpecGram (April 2005) Online

Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:16:56
From: Kristin Denham < kristin.denham at wwu.edu >

Fund Drive 2005 is now on! Visit http://linguistlist.org/donate.html to donate now!

The Committee on Language in the School Curriculum
is interested in proposing an organized session
(symposium or workshop) for the January 2006
LSA Annual Meeting.  To follow up our successful
symposium in January 2005, we would like to
plan a session to include, e.g.,

specific examples of activities for K-12 students to
develop awareness of the nature of language
and how we use it, e.g.,  in the context of:
   language arts curriculum
   science curriculum
   special projects (e.g., websites, school programs)

common and specific goals for linguistics in the
curriculum at different stages of schooling?-elementary,
middle school, secondary

Have you been involved in linguistics curriculum
development?  materials development? a
one-time presentation/activity at your child's school?
Tell us about it. We'd appreciate your ideas for
bringing together people with experiences to
share.  Please send us your e-mail response by April 8.

Carol Lord  clord at csulb.edu
Kristin Denham  kristin.denham at wwu.edu
Co-Chairs, Committee on Language in the School Curriculum