16.1112, Confs: Linguistic Theories/Semantics/Tokyo, Japan

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Apr 7 20:45:24 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1112. Thu Apr 07 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1112, Confs: Linguistic Theories/Semantics/Tokyo, Japan

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Amy Wronkowicz <amy at linguistlist.org>

Date: 05-Apr-2005
From: Christopher Tancredi < cdtancredi at hotmail.com >
Subject: Semantics and Linguistic Theory

Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:41:41
From: Christopher Tancredi < cdtancredi at hotmail.com >

Fund Drive 2005 is now on! Visit http://linguistlist.org/donate.html to donate now!

Semantics and Linguistic Theory
Short Title: SALT

Date: 27-Mar-2006 - 29-Mar-2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact: Christopher Tancredi
Contact Email: cdtancredi at hotmail.com

Linguistic Field(s): Linguistic Theories; Semantics

Meeting Description:

SALT is the longest-running annual conference dedicated to semantic research in
the world.

We are pleased to announce that the 2006 SALT conference will be held at the
University of Tokyo in Japan, from Monday March 27th through Wednesday March
29th.  A call for papers will be sent out at a later date once we have our
web-site set up.

Since this will be the first time for the conference to be held outside of the
United States, partial funding will be provided for all speakers to help cover
travel expenses.  The exact amount of the funding is yet to be determined, but
at present we can guarantee covering air fare up to approximately US $900.