16.1176, Confs: General Ling/Bethlehem, PA, USA

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Apr 13 17:15:28 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1176. Wed Apr 13 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1176, Confs: General Ling/Bethlehem, PA, USA

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Andrea Berez <andrea at linguistlist.org>

Date: 11-Apr-2005
From: Barbara Malt < barbara.malt at lehigh.edu >
Subject: Words and the World: How Words Capture Human Experience

Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:13:39
From: Barbara Malt < barbara.malt at lehigh.edu >

Words and the World:  How Words Capture Human Experience

Date: 06-Jun-2005 - 07-Jun-2005
Location: Bethlehem, PA, United States of America
Contact: Barbara Malt
Contact Email: barbara.malt at lehigh.edu
Meeting URL: http://www.lehigh.edu/~inwords/index.htm

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; Cognitive Science; General
Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Language Description;
Lexicography; Psycholinguistics; Semantics

Meeting Description:

A conference on linguistic universals and diversity and the language-thought
interface.

We are pleased to announce a conference on Words and the World:  How Words
Capture Human Experience.  The focus of this conference will be linguistic
universals and diversity and implications for the language-thought interface.
The conference will take place at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania,
U.S., on June 6 & 7, 2005.

Invited speakers are:

Juergen Bohnemeyer
Lera Boroditsky
Melissa Bowerman
Eve Clark
Dedre Gentner
Cliff Goddard
Roberta Golinkoff
Kathy Hirsh-Pasek
Mutsumi Imai
John Lucy
Asifa Majid
Barbara Malt
Terry Regier
Debi Roberson
Ann Senghas
Phil Wolff

We invite submissions for poster presentations as well as registrations to
attend without a presentation.  Travel awards will be available to several
graduate students.

For complete information, please visit:
www.lehigh.edu/~inwords/index.htm

co-organizers:  Barbara Malt (Lehigh University) and Phil Wolff (Emory University)