16.1184, FYI: Questionnaire: Neologisms; 2nd Call: EUROLAN

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Apr 14 13:48:41 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1184. Thu Apr 14 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1184, FYI: Questionnaire: Neologisms; 2nd Call: EUROLAN

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Apr-2005
From: Constantina Yiokari < constantina at yiokari.gr >
Subject: Invitation to Questionnaire on Neologisms

2)
Date: 12-Apr-2005
From: Dan Cristea < dcristea at infoiasi.ro >
Subject: 2nd Call for Participation: EUROLAN Summer School

Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:40:37
From: Constantina Yiokari < constantina at yiokari.gr >

Dear colleagues and friends,

I am conducting a questionnaire for my MA research project on the translation of
English neologisms in scientific, technological and IT texts.   The purpose of
this research project is to explore and understand better the difficulties in
understanding neologisms, and the resources and strategies they use to translate
them. Completion of the questionnaire takes about 7-10 minutes and is voluntary.

So far I have been receiving many comments asking if I will publish the
results as this is a subject of major interest for many technical translators. I
will indeed publish the results at the end of the project. In the questionnaire,
I am asking for your email only to send you the results at the end of the
project. There are no mandatory fields, i.e. you may leave any field blank if
you don't wish to answer it.

Please take the time to answer the questionnaire since more responses mean a
better reflection of the situation.

Your comments on the subject of neology are also welcome.

The questionnaire is at:

http://www.yiokari.gr/questionnaire/consentform.htm

Thank you for your support!

Constantina Yiokari