16.1292, Jobs: French/German/Italian/Comp Ling: Manager, UK

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 22 17:57:52 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1292. Fri Apr 22 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1292, Jobs: French/German/Italian/Comp Ling: Manager, UK

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 22-Apr-2005
From: Alison Cracknell < recruitment at sdl.com >
Subject: French/German/Italian/Comp Ling: Manager, SDL International, Berkshire, UK

Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:55:27
From: Alison Cracknell < recruitment at sdl.com >

University or Organization: SDL International
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s):
French (FRN)
German, Standard (GER)
Italian (ITN)

SDL International is one of the world's leading providers of translation and
localization services. We are currently actively looking to expand our growing
team of in-house lead linguists to lead large-volume translation projects
localized through our Knowledge-based Translation System.

Positions are permanent and based in Maidenhead, UK. The Languages we seek
are: French, German and Italian.

The position involves post-editing and review of draft machine translations as
well as effective management of freelance translators/post-editors to ensure
high quality translation services are provided to SDL's clients. The successful
candidate will be responsible for setting the linguistic standards, terminology
management, machine translation dictionary creation and quality assurance.

The successful candidate will have an interest in Machine Translation
technology. Experience with machine translation or computational linguists would
be an advantage. Training is provided.

Skills and Experience required:
-	Very high level of fluency in the target language
-	A degree in translation/language
-	Specialization in any field of technical translation would be an advantage
-	Experience with machine translation would be a clear advantage
-	Excellent command of the English language
-	Knowledge of more than 2 languages would be an advantage
-	Detail-orientated and quality-focused
-	Familiarity with translation tools
-	Understanding of client requirements and being able to communicate these
to the team
-	Commercial understanding of the localization industry
-	The positions require well-organised problem solvers with strong
communication skills at all levels

If you are interested please send a copy of your CV and state your salary
expectation.

Address for Applications:

	Alison Cracknell
	SDL International
	Globe House
	Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY
	United Kingdom

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

	Alison Cracknell
	Email: recruitment at sdl.com
	Phone: + 44 (0) 1628 410100
	Fax: + 44 (0) 1628 410150
	Website: http://www.sdl.com

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.