16.1380, Confs: Phonetics/Phonology/Manchester, UK

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Apr 30 17:07:10 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1380. Sat Apr 30 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1380, Confs: Phonetics/Phonology/Manchester, UK

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Amy Wronkowicz <amy at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-Apr-2005
From: Patrick Honeybone < patrick.honeybone at ed.ac.uk >
Subject: 13th Manchester Phonology Meeting

Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:00:14
From: Patrick Honeybone < patrick.honeybone at ed.ac.uk >

13th Manchester Phonology Meeting
Short Title: 13mfm

Date: 26-May-2005 - 28-May-2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Contact: Patrick Honeybone
Contact Email: patrick.honeybone at ed.ac.uk
Meeting URL: http://www.englang.ed.ac.uk/mfm/13mfm.html

Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics; Phonology

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce our Thirteenth Manchester Phonology Meeting  (13mfm).
The mfm is the UK's annual phonology conference; it is held in late May every
year in Manchester (central in the UK and easily accessible from the whole of
the country, and with excellent international transport connections), and is
organised by people in various parts of the country, and abroad. For the past
twelve years, this meeting has been a key  conference for phonologists from all
corners of the world, where anyone who declares themselves to be interested in
phonology can submit an abstract on anything phonological. In an informal
atmosphere, we discuss a wide range of topics, including the phonological
description of a wide variety of languages, issues in phonological theory,
aspects of phonological acquisition and implications of phonological change.

Thirteenth Manchester Phonology Meeting

26-28 MAY 2005

Special session: 'What is a phonological fact?' (featuring Juliette Blevins,
Bruce Hayes, Charles Reiss)

The programme for the 13mfm and information about booking for the conference is
now available on the conference website. Normal registration prices hold up
until the 9th May, after which there's a late fee to pay.

Conference website: http://www.englang.ed.ac.uk/mfm/13mfm.html