16.2327, Qs: Psycholinguistic Approach; On-line Experiment

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Aug 4 16:21:45 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2327. Thu Aug 04 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2327, Qs: Psycholinguistic Approach; On-line Experiment

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Jessica Boynton <jessica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 04-Aug-2005
From: Daniela Delia < daniela_super at msn.com >
Subject: Psycholinguistic Approach

2)
Date: 03-Aug-2005
From: Thomas Hoffmann < thomas.hoffmann at sprachlit.uni-regensburg.de >
Subject: On-line Experiment

Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:19:20
From: Daniela Delia < daniela_super at msn.com >

I am a Maltese student following a B.Sc (Hons.) in communicationt therapy.
My research project consists of adapting to the Maltese language a section
from the Psycholinguistic Assessments of Language Processing in Aphasia
(PALPA) (Colheart, Lesser and Kay, 1992).  This section is about reading
and spelling skills.

I am finding some problems in having access to some research or studies
which I need for my literature review.  I would like to know the importance
of the psycholingusitic approach in the speech-language area, any studies
that show comparison between language assessment that follows the
psycholinguistic approach and those which do not and that are used by
speech therapist with elderly population.  I need to know - the importance
of this approach in the speech-language area.

I would also like to know if there are :
- studies that show on which criteria the PALPA was standardised,
- what criteria were used for the words to be chosen (especially for the
reading and spelling section)
- and how other languages succeeded in adapting the PALPA to their language.

I would be very grateful for any help you may give me
Thanks
Daniela

Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics