16.2333, Jobs: Text/Corpus Ling: Rank Open, H5 Technologies

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Aug 5 16:27:14 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2333. Fri Aug 05 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2333, Jobs: Text/Corpus Ling: Rank Open, H5 Technologies

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 04-Aug-2005
From: Leslie Burrow < lburrow at h5technologies.com >
Subject: Text/Corpus Linguistics:  Rank Open, H5 Technologies, San Fransisco, USA

Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:20:39
From: Leslie Burrow < lburrow at h5technologies.com >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: H5 Technologies
Department: Corpus Analyst/Linguist
Job Rank: Rank Open
Specialty Areas: Text/Corpus Linguistics; Discourse Analysis

Corpus Analyst/Linguist

H5 Technologies, Inc. is the worldwide leader in technology-based document
review, classification and retention.  With a growing, Fortune 500 and Am
Law 100 client base, H5 is a profitable, pre-IPO, six-year- old, privately
held, Draper Fisher Jurvetson-funded company.  H5 provides document review
services to government agencies, law firms, and corporate counsels through
outsourced service contracts.  H5's patented technology, which replicates
and automates human relevance assessments, along with our in-house
expertise, enables the review of massive document collections with
unparalleled results.  When benchmarked, H5 consistently outperforms humans
in conducting document review.

At H5, we are passionate about turning cutting-edge technology into
commercially viable, high quality products and services.  We promote a
culture that stimulates and challenges the intellect of each of our team
members while striving for constant improvement in everything we do.  We
value individual innovation while nurturing a strong team-oriented environment.

H5's headquarters are a one-minute walk from the Montgomery BART station.

Overview
We are looking for an outstanding professional to join our team of
Discourse Analysts.  The successful candidate will have the ability to
multitask and thrive in a dynamic environment.  This professional will
contribute to the completion of project goals by developing computational
tools for and conducting corpus analysis.

Responsibilities
- Working with Discourse Analysts throughout the course of a project to
plan analyses that meet project goals
- Developing computational tools for the analysis of large corpora,
including tools for the identification of linguistic characteristics that
distinguish document populations
- Analyzing large sets of linguistic data and reporting the results of
those analyses to members of the project team
- Assisting project team members in turning the results of corpus analyses
into actionable steps

Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to conduct linguistic analyses of corpora and to
present the findings of those analyses to others
- Experience with Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, or
related fields a plus
- Experience working with and managing large databases - experience with
Oracle a plus
- Demonstrated ability to use Perl to develop tools for the analysis of
linguistic data
- Experience working with Java or C++ a plus
- Experience working in a Unix or Linux environment
- Strong, proactive communication skills
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn quickly and adapt to new
situations
- Leadership skills, personal initiative, and a demonstrated ability to
initiate, develop, and successfully conclude projects
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, both autonomously and
collaboratively
- Solid academic credentials - graduate-level coursework in Computational
Linguistics or Corpus Linguistics preferred

H5 is an equal opportunity employer.

Address for Applications:

Leslie Burrow
55 2nd Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

Leslie Burrow
Email: ling-jobs at h5technologies.com
Phone: 415-625-6700