16.2334, Jobs: Socioling: Asst. Professor, The Ohio State U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Aug 5 16:34:48 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2334. Fri Aug 05 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2334, Jobs: Socioling: Asst. Professor, The Ohio State U

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 04-Aug-2005
From: Frances Crowell < crowell.2 at osu.edu >
Subject: Sociolinguistics: Assistant Professor, The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA

Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:32:23
From: Frances Crowell < crowell.2 at osu.edu >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: The Ohio State University
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics

The Department of Linguistics at The Ohio State University seeks candidates
for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Sociolinguistics,
starting Autumn 2006.  The area of specialization within sociolinguists is
open.  Candidates are expected to have their Ph.D. completed by the time of
the appointment.

The new assistant professor will be expected to be active in research and
publication, to meet standard departmental teaching requirements and to
perform service duties as required by the department and the university.

We would especially welcome applications from candidates who are at the
cutting edge of current research in sociolinguistics.

Review of applications will begin October 15, 2005, and will continue until
the position is filled.

Dossiers sent should consist of a letter of interest, current curriculum
vitae and the names of three references.

The Ohio State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer.  Women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, disabled veterans, and
individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.

Address for Applications:

Professor Donald Winford
222 Oxley Hall
1712 Neil Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

Professor Donald Winford
Email: dwinford at ling.ohio-state.edu
Phone: 614-292-4052