16.2366, FYI: ESL/ELL Professors: Online Teacher Training

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Aug 10 20:08:41 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2366. Wed Aug 10 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2366, FYI: ESL/ELL Professors: Online Teacher Training

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 05-Aug-2005
From: Melanie Fox < mfox at kdsi.org >
Subject: ESL/ELL Professors: Online Teacher Training

Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:05:55
From: Melanie Fox < mfox at kdsi.org >

To Seasoned Professors of ESL/ELL/ESOL!

My name is Melanie Fox (former Georgetown Linguist), I work as an ESL
teacher and am currently working with an organization that creates ''online
professional development'' for educators.

I wanted to spread the word to LinguistLIST members that this
education-related organization (Knowledge Delivery Systems) is currently
looking for speakers renowned in the field of ESL education (TESOL, etc.)
to help us to enhance our online teacher training library.  We are seeking
the assistance and participation of nationally recognized, seasoned
professors only (unfortunately, graduate students would not qualify).

Note: Although this is not a job listing, the organization would award an
honorarium to compensate any participants in addition to royalties. All
equipment for taping, broadcasting, archiving lectures/seminars would be
provided by KDS.

If you fit the description of a recognized educator in ESL (or you'd like
to recommend someone who is), I would love to speak with you--please email
me at mfox at kdsi.org or call 212-809-2963 (1-800-728-0032).

I will gladly provide further details to any interested parties!

Thank you very much for your time!

Sincerely,
Melanie

Melanie Fox