16.2460, Qs: SOV and Head Internal Relative Clauses

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Aug 23 14:22:30 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2460. Tue Aug 23 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2460, Qs: SOV and Head Internal Relative Clauses

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Jessica Boynton <jessica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-Aug-2005
From: Sophie Girard < sophiegi at globetrotter.net >
Subject: SOV and Head Internal Relative Clauses

Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:21:23
From: Sophie Girard < sophiegi at globetrotter.net >

I'm a M.A. student working on latin relative clauses. In a number of
publications, the connection is made between head internal relatives and
SOV order but I haven't been able to find a discussion on or an explanation
for this co-relation. I'd much appreciate references on this matter; I'll
post a summary.

Please answers to sophiegi at globetrotter.net

Linguistic Field(s): Syntax

Subject Language(s): Latin (LTN)