16.2495, All: Obituary: Ernst Pulgram

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 29 13:48:02 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2495. Mon Aug 29 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2495, All: Obituary: Ernst Pulgram

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Michael Appleby <michael at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html

Date: 26-Aug-2005
From: Steven Dworkin < dworkin at umich.edu >
Subject: Ernst Pulgram (1915-2005)

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:44:28
From: Steven Dworkin < dworkin at umich.edu >

I wish to inform readers of this list of the death on August 17 of Ernst
Pulgram, Professor Emeritus of Romance and Classical Linguistics at
the University of Michigan, where he taught from 1948 until his
retirement in 1986.  I plan to post in the near future a more substantial
obituary.

Steve Dworkin
Professor of Romance Linguistics and Linguistics
Department of Romance Languages and Department of Linguistics