16.2519, Jobs: General Linguistics: Asst Professor, U of Kentucky

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Aug 31 17:49:43 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2519. Wed Aug 31 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2519, Jobs: General Linguistics: Asst Professor, U of Kentucky

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-Aug-2005
From: Gregory Stump < gstump at uky.edu >
Subject: General Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA

Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:47:24
From: Gregory Stump < gstump at uky.edu >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: University of Kentucky
Department: English
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Discipline of Linguistics; specialization open

We seek an assistant professor who can teach a broad range of classes in an
interdepartmental linguistics program; appointment is tenure-track, and is
to be housed in the English Department. Specialization is open, but
versatility and ability to teach in an interdisciplinary context are
desired. Teaching load is two courses per semester, including introductory
and advanced undergraduate courses and graduate courses. Evidence of
successful scholarship and promise of successful teaching required.

Please send letter of application, c.v., writing sample, and three letters
of recommendation.

The English Department is strongly committed to diversity; minority and
women candidates are encouraged to apply.

Address for Applications:

Ms. Lucy Combs
English Department
University of Kentucky