16.3673, Software: TIGERCorpus Release 2

Tue Dec 27 20:57:57 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-3673. Fri Dec 23 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.3673, Software: TIGERCorpus Release 2

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
       Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Svetlana Aksenova <svetlana at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-Dec-2005
From: Silvia Hansen-Schirra < hansen at coli.uni-sb.de >
Subject: TIGERCorpus Release 2

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 00:57:56
From: Silvia Hansen-Schirra < hansen at coli.uni-sb.de >

Dear collegues,

the TIGER project is pleased to announce the second release of the
TIGER Corpus. The treebank consists of app. 900,000 tokens (50,000
sentences) of German newspaper text. It was
semi-automatically tagged with part-of-speech, syntactic structures and
- in addition to the first release - morphological information.

For details about the TIGER Corpus (download, documentation etc.), see:

http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/projekte/TIGER/TIGERCorpus/download/

We provide the corpus for scientific use for free.

Regards,
Dr. Silvia Hansen-Schirra
TIGER Project Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics
                     Computational Linguistics
                     Discipline of Linguistics
                     General Linguistics
                     Language Description