16.361, Confs: General Ling/Potsdam, Germany

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Feb 5 11:22:38 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-361. Sat Feb 05 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.361, Confs: General Ling/Potsdam, Germany

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Andrea Berez <andrea at linguistlist.org>

Date: 03-Feb-2005
From: Shinichiro Ishihara < ishihara at rz.uni-potsdam.de >
Subject: 2nd Workshop on Prosody, Syntax, and Information Structure

Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 06:21:24
From: Shinichiro Ishihara < ishihara at rz.uni-potsdam.de >

2nd Workshop on Prosody, Syntax, and Information Structure
Short Title: WPSI 2

Date: 18-Mar-2005 - 18-Mar-2005
Location: Potsdam, Germany
Contact: Shinichiro Ishihara
Contact Email: ishihara at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Meeting URL: http://www.sfb632.uni-potsdam.de/events/ws180305.php

This workshop aims to discuss issues on the interaction of
prosody, syntax, and information structure, from an
interdisciplinary point of view. All the speakers of this
workshop have recently been working on relevant issues,
especially looking at the phenomena related to the intonation of
focus and (wh-)questions in Japanese.

>From this specific topic, we hope to extend the discussion to
some other potentially related phenomena, as well as to other
languages. With that goal in mind, we welcome researchers
interested in any area of prosody, syntax, and information
structure to attend the workshop and join the discussion.

This workshop is held as a continuation of the one held last year
at Indiana University. For more information about the previous
workshop, please visit the WPSI 1 website:
http://www.iub.edu/~ykling/wpsi.html

WPSI 2 is funded by Project A1 of the SFB 632 'Information
Structure'.

SPEAKERS:
Masako Hirotani (Max Planck Institute for Human
Cognitive and Brain Sciences)
Shinichiro Ishihara (University of Potsdam)
Yoshihisa Kitagawa (Indiana University)
Haruo Kubozono (Kobe University)
Satoshi Tomioka (University of Delaware)

LOCATION:
University of Potsdam, Golm Campus
Haus 10, Room 0.26

PROGRAM:

9:30-9:50
Coffee and refreshments

9:50-10:00
Opening Remarks

Morning Session

10:00-11:00
Shinichiro Ishihara
Intonation of the Indeterminate Construction and Sentences
with an NPI

11:00-12:00
Masako Hirotani
Prosodic Processing of Scopal Relevant Items in Japanese

12:00-14:00
Lunch

Afternoon Session I

14:00-15:00
Yoshihisa Kitagawa
When Wh is not focused

15:00-16:00
Satoshi Tomioka
Quantifiers in Questions

16:00-16:30
Coffee break

Afternoon Session II

16:30-17:30
Haruo Kubozono
Focus and Intonation in Japanese

19:30-
Dinner (Place T.B.A.)

CONTACT INFORMATION:
Organizer: Shinichiro Ishihara <ishihara at rz.uni-potsdam.de>
             +49 (0)331-977-2979

Coordinator: Bei Wang <bwang at rz.uni-potsdam.de>
               +49 (0)331-977-2758

Address: SBF632 ''Informationsstruktur''
           Universität Potsdam
           Postfach 601553
           14415 Potsdam
           Germany