16.505, Jobs: Comp Ling/Semantics: Researcher, U of Cambridge

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Feb 19 13:20:43 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-505. Sat Feb 19 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.505, Jobs: Comp Ling/Semantics: Researcher, U of Cambridge

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 18-Feb-2005
From: Susan Rolfe < sjr13 at cam.ac.uk >
Subject: Computational Linguistics/Semantics: Researcher, University of Cambridge, UK

Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 08:17:46
From: Susan Rolfe < sjr13 at cam.ac.uk >

University or Organization: University of Cambridge
Department: Research Centre for English & Applied Linguistics
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Pragmatics; Semantics

Applications are invited for the full-time post of Research Associate/Senior
Research Associate to undertake research in Computational Linguistics or in
Semantics/Pragmatics. Applicants should hold a doctorate in a relevant research
area and have either a good record of published research (senior applicants) or
show evidence of a significant research programme (junior applicants). Duties
will include:  the pursuit of research, the development of a research programme
at RCEAL in his/her area, and teaching up to 36 hours at the MPhil and PhD level
during the academic year.

The pensionable scale of stipend for a Research Associate is £19,460.00 to
£29,127.000 per annum and for a Senior Research Associate is £24,820.00 to
£35,883.00. The appointment will be for three years. Continuation beyond that
will depend on the availability of funds and on the candidate's ability to
develop or contribute to a research programme that attracts external funding.

The preferred starting date is 1 October 2005.

Further particulars and an application form may be obtained from our website or
from the Administrator at the address provided above.

The University of Cambridge follows an equal opportunity policy.

Address for Applications

	Administrator
	Research Centre for English & Applied Linguistics
	English Faculty Building
	Cambridge CB3 9DP
	United Kingdom

Application Deadline: 14-Mar-2005

Contact Information:

	Mrs Susan Rolfe
	Email: sjr13 at cam.ac.uk
	Phone: +44 1223 767392
	Fax: +44 1223 767398
	Website: http://www.rceal.cam.ac.uk/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!