16.562, Jobs: Audiology & Hearing Sciences: Full Prof, Scotland

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Feb 24 17:15:57 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-562. Thu Feb 24 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.562, Jobs: Audiology & Hearing Sciences: Full Prof, Scotland

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 23-Feb-2005
From: James Scobbie < jscobbie at qmuc.ac.uk >
Subject: Audiology and Hearing Sciences: Full Prof, Queen Margaret University College, Scotland

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:14:14
From: James Scobbie < jscobbie at qmuc.ac.uk >

University or Organization: Queen Margaret University College, Edinburgh
Department: Speech and Language Sciences
Job Rank: Full Professor
Specialty Areas: Audiology and Hearing Sciences

Speech and Language Science at QMUC has been selected to establish
Scotland's only programmes in Audiology by the National Health Service,
Education for Scotland. In addition to a BSc (Hons) in Audiology, we will
also be providing a conversion degree and CPD and Professional Skills
Development modules to underpin this initiative in partnership with the
University of Highlands and Islands Millennium Institute and the Robert
Gordon University.

Located within the School of Social Sciences, Media and Communication, we
are recruiting to a number of key Audiology positions. You will join with
colleagues in the Speech and Language Sciences Subject Area to establish a
world class facility in Speech and Hearing Sciences.

Speech and Language Sciences is a flagship within the institution because
of its profile and the steady rise in its reputation and achievements in
applied speech science over the past 10 years including achieving a 4 in
the 2001 Research Assessment Exercise, and winning the Queen's Anniversary
Prize in 2002. We wish to expand upon this success and reputation by
recruiting internationally renowned audiologists to join us.

With experience in Higher Education, you will have or wish to further develop
a research career. For an academic appointment, you will be research active
and will make a significant contribution to the well-established research and
publications record of the School.Teaching duties will include teaching and
supervision of undergraduate, post-graduate and CPD students. We require
Audiologists and Hearing Scientists to contribute to teaching and research in
Audiology within the School.Any discipline within Audiology and Hearing Sciences
will be considered and we would particularly welcome applicants with
Professional/Clinical qualifications.

Address for Applications:

	Human Resources
	Queen Margaret University College
	Edinburgh EH12 8TS
	United Kingdom

Application Deadline: 14-Mar-2005

Contact Information:

	Ms Helen Carruthers
	Email: hcarruthers at qmuc.ac.uk
	Phone: 0131 317 3291
	Website: http://www.qmuc.ac.uk/sls

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.