16.16, Confs: General Ling/Poznan, Poland

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 10 19:02:57 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-16. Mon Jan 10 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.16, Confs: General Ling/Poznan, Poland

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Andrea Berez <andrea at linguistlist.org>

Date: 07-Jan-2005
From: Grzegorz Michalski < grzegorz at ifa.amu.edu.pl >
Subject: 36th Poznan Linguistic Meeting (PLM 2005)

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:00:54
From: Grzegorz Michalski < grzegorz at ifa.amu.edu.pl >

36th Poznan Linguistic Meeting (PLM 2005)
Short Title: PLM

Date: 22-Apr-2005 - 24-Apr-2005
Location: Poznan, Poland
Contact: Grzegorz Michalski
Contact Email: plm at ifa.amu.edu.pl
Meeting URL: http://elex.amu.edu.pl/ifa/plm

PLM 2005
Language across disciplines: In search of bridge theories

We are very happy to announce that the 36th Poznan Linguistic Meeting will
take place in Poznan between the 22nd and 24th of April 2005 (Friday-Sunday).

Dear Colleagues,

        Here is the latest news regarding the 36th Poznan Linguistic Meeting (PLM  2005), which will
take place in Poznan between the 22th and 24th of April 2005.

Calls for papers are now available for all the planned open sessions/workshops. Below is a list of
the sessions with direct web addresses of their respective calls for papers:

* PLM 2005 workshop: 'Approaches to Language and Meaning', convened by Malgorzata
Fabiszak (Poznan)
http://elex.amu.edu.pl/ifa/plm/2005download/
plm2005_approaches_to_language_and_meaning.htm

* PLM 2005 Sociolinguistics/Gender Studies Session, convened by Agnieszka Kielkiewicz-
Janowiak (Poznan), Karol Janicki (Bergen), and Joanna Pawelczyk (Poznan)
http://elex.amu.edu.pl/ifa/plm/2005download/plm2005_sociolinguistics.htm

* PLM 2005 Syntax and Morphosyntax Session, convened Jacek Witkos, and Przemyslaw Tajsner
(Poznan)
http://elex.amu.edu.pl/ifa/plm/2005download/plm2005_syntax_and_morphosyntax.htm

* PLM 2005 Morphonology Session, convened by Eugeniusz Cyran (Catholic Univeristy of Lublin)
http://elex.amu.edu.pl/ifa/plm/2005download/plm2005_morphonology.htm

* PLM 2005 'Exotic' Phonetics Session, convened by Jaroslaw Weckwerth, Dawid Pietrala, and
Grzegorz Michalski (Poznan)
http://elex.amu.edu.pl/ifa/plm/2005download/plm2005_exotic_phonetics.htm

Deadlines for abstract submission vary between the sessions. Please see the respective call for
papers for futher information.

Additionally, we are planning a lingustics vs. technology panel, a joint event of PLM 2005 and
L&T'05. The idea of ''Technology for Linguistics, Linguistics for Technology'', to be chaired by
Dafydd Gibbon (Bielefeld), and organised by Katarzyna Dziubalska-Kolaczyk, and Zygmunt
Vetulani, is to predict what technology and linguistics may contribute to one another in the nearest
future. More details on this particular event will be disclosed soon.

Please visit our website, http://elex.amu.edu.pl/ifa/plm.

We kindly request that you register, using our online registration form, available at our website,
before sending the abstract of your paper to the convener of your chosen session/workshop.
Thanku you.

If you have any questions regarding PLM 2005, do not hesitate to e-mail us at:
plm at ifa.amu.edu.pl

PLM 2005 Organising Committee

Katarzyna Dziubalska-Kolaczyk
Jaroslaw Weckwerth