16.234, Software: Xyling - tree drawing macros for LaTeX users

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 25 17:26:48 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-234. Tue Jan 25 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.234, Software: Xyling - tree drawing macros for LaTeX users

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Neil Salmond <neil at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-Dec-2004
From: Ralf Vogel < rvogel at ling.uni-potsdam.de >
Subject: Xyling - tree drawing macros for LaTeX users

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:26:01
From: Ralf Vogel < rvogel at ling.uni-potsdam.de >

Dear colleagues,

About 4 years ago, I wrote a couple of macros for the drawing of linguistic
tree structures with LaTeX which I made available to the public via my
webpage under the name 'xyling'. Only recently, when my old web account was
closed, I came to notice that these macros are used much more frequently
than I thought.

As I do not know the users of xyling, I want to use this channel to
announce that the package is on the web again in a new much more elaborated
version:

http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~rvogel/xyling

I have extended the macro package in many ways, and I also made  it easier
to handle. If you are using xyling, the new version 1.0 is certainly worth
looking at. The documentation is also completely rewritten.

With best wishes to everyone for 2005,

Ralf Vogel                            mailto:rvogel at ling.uni-potsdam.de
http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~rvogel
Institute of Linguistics
University of Potsdam
Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics