16.242, Jobs: Lang Acquisition: Post Doc, CA

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 25 21:35:06 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-242. Tue Jan 25 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.242, Jobs: Lang Acquisition: Post Doc, CA

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 19-Jan-2005
From: Kalyn Shubnell < kalyn.shubnell at monterey.army.mil >
Subject: Modified Re: 16.164: Language Acquisition: Post Doc, Defense Language Institute, CA, USA

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:31:02
From: Kalyn Shubnell < kalyn.shubnell at monterey.army.mil >

University or Organization: Defense Language Institute
Department: Provost's Office
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition

The Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center (DLIFLC) is
increasing the proficiency expectations for its graduates and seeks a
Research Associate to assist in this plan. The successful candidate will
work with faculty members in targeted programs to identify and evaluate the
most effective methods by which this can be accomplished. The candidate
will also be expected to offer regular faculty colloquia in his/her area of
specialty. The successful candidate will have a strong theoretical
grounding in linguistics and adult second language acquisition who is
interested in empirical investigation and application.

DLIFLC is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Community and Junior
Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. It is a
year-round school specializing in foreign languages and is located in
Monterey, CA. Applicants must apply to Vacancy Announcement
# TEY050001RA located at (http://www.usajobs.opm.gov). $49,435, 13-month
appointment,  start in May, 2005. Institute information:
(http://www.dliflc.edu). For questions, contact Charlie Hogan at
Charlie.Hogan at monterey.army.mil or 831-242-4321. EEO Employer

Address for Applications:

Charlie Hogan
DLIFLC, ATFL-P (Attn: FPS)
1759 Lewis Rd. Ste. 254
Monterey, CA 93944
United States of America

Application Deadline: 22-Feb-2005

Contact Information:

Charlie Hogan
Email: charlie.hogan at monterey.army.mil
Phone: 831-242-4321
Fax: 831-242-4404
Website: http://www.dliflc.edu

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.