16.2049, Jobs: General Ling: Multiple Positions, UMUC

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Jul 2 15:22:37 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2049. Sat Jul 02 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2049, Jobs: General Ling: Multiple Positions, UMUC

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-Jun-2005
From: Worldwide Faculty Recruitment < Teachumuc at umuc.edu >
Subject: General Linguistics:  Multiple Positions, University of Maryland University College, USA

Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 11:14:59
From: Worldwide Faculty Recruitment < Teachumuc at umuc.edu >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: University of Maryland University College
Department: English and Speech Faculty
Job Rank: Multiple Positions

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

English and Speech Faculty - Multiple Positions Available.

University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is a visionary institution on
the forefront of education for the 21st-century workforce. We are an
entrepreneurial and creative institution, committed to the exploration of
knowledge, the construction of partnerships, and innovative academic delivery.
We are a large and diverse institution, serving over 100,000 students around the
world.  Due to the rapid growth in student enrollments,  we have opportunities
for innovative adjunct faculty who value excellence in teaching and lifelong
learning.

Why UMUC?
UMUC is one of 11 degree granting institutions in the University System of
Maryland. The institution is well established with more than 50 years of
experience fostering the highest academic standards. UMUC is a global leader in
online education. We are student focused and academic driven. UMUC's faculty is
unique in that most are working professionals who bring current expertise in
their fields, as well as an impressive academic background, to the classroom.
Our faculty receives an extraordinary amount of support in training and
resources to help them address the specific needs of both the online classroom
and the adult learner. This means ongoing support and collegial sharing.
Additionally, UMUC faculty enjoy the benefits of a teaching schedule that fits
into their professional life, competitive pay that rewards their expertise, and
interaction with highly motivated, employed adult students.

Successful candidates will have a terminal degree in English or Speech or two or
more graduate degrees in English and Speech. The position requires a minimum of
two years teaching experience, ideally involving teaching working adults in a
classroom or online environment. To qualify you must have authorization to work
in the U.S. on an unrestricted basis.

Please visit our website to apply online. Include cover letter and contact
information for three references. Use Job Code ENW005.

Review of applications is ongoing until positions are filled.

EOE/MC/V. Women and minority applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.

Address for Applications:

Worldwide Faculty Recruitment
3501 University Blvd. East
Adelphi, MD 20783
United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

Worldwide Faculty Recruitment
Email: teachumuc at umuc.edu
Phone: 301.985.7058