16.2075, Jobs: Anthropological Ling: Lecturer, Wayne State U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 5 17:24:13 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2075. Tue Jul 05 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2075, Jobs: Anthropological Ling: Lecturer, Wayne State U

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 05-Jul-2005
From: Thomas Killion < Thomas.Killion at Wayne.edu >
Subject: Anthropological Linguistics: Lecturer, Wayne State University, Detroit, USA

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 13:21:03
From: Thomas Killion < Thomas.Killion at Wayne.edu >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: Wayne State University
Department: Anthropology
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Anthropological Linguistics

Wayne State University (WSU) announces a full-time, one-year lecturer
position in linguistic anthropology.  The position is for fall semester of
2005 and winter semester 2006 and begins on or about August 17, 2005.
Salary is 40-45K and commensurate with experience and qualifications.  The
successful candidate will teach (2 course/term load) and have undergraduate
advising responsibilities.  Courses will include Language and Culture,
Language and Society, Undergraduate Capstone and perhaps a seminar in
specialty.  Specialty open but department has strong international foci in
West/Central Africa, Caribbean, Latin America and Middle East.  WSU, a
leading urban research university is located in downtown Detroit, serves a
diverse student body.  The Anthropology Dept. has 13 full-time teaching and
research faculty with strengths in archaeology, cultural anthropology,
linguistic anthropology and physical anthropology (B.A., M.A. and Ph.D.
degrees granted).  We have a strong applied emphasis with specialized
programs in business and medical anthropology.  WSU offers an excellent
benefits package for this position.  Minority candidates are strongly
encouraged to apply.  Wayne State University prohibits discrimination on
the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression.
 Please submit a letter of application, CV, available teaching evaluations
and 3 letters of reference by July 20 to Thomas W. Killion, Chair, Dept. of
Anthropology, WSU, 137 Manoogian Hall, Detroit, MI 48202, (313) 577-2935.

Address for Applications:

Dr. Thomas Killion
Dept. of Anthropology
Wayne State University