16.2123, Qs: Palauan Texts; Hausa Comitatives

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Jul 10 19:38:30 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2123. Sun Jul 10 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2123, Qs: Palauan Texts; Hausa Comitatives

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Jessica Boynton <jessica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 07-Jul-2005
From: Philip Davis < pwd at rice.edu >
Subject: Palauan Texts

2)
Date: 08-Jul-2005
From: Masha Vassilieva < mvassili at yahoo.com >
Subject: Hausa Comitatives

Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:36:28
From: Philip Davis < pwd at rice.edu >

I am looking for a narrative text in Palauan (Austronesian), one that more
or less follows the usual trilinear format of linguistic texts: original
language, grammatical parsing, and translation. Ideally, the text(s) would
have a minimum of 100 segmented utterances. I find no reference to Palauan
texts in the usual bibliographic sources. If you know of any (or have one
that you are willing to share), I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Philip W. Davis
pwd at rice.edu

Linguistic Field(s): Language Description