16.2146, Jobs: Comp Ling / Cognition: Asst. Prof., Indiana U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jul 13 16:18:04 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2146. Wed Jul 13 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2146, Jobs: Comp Ling / Cognition: Asst. Prof., Indiana U

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Jul-2005
From: Michael Gasser < gasser at indiana.edu >
Subject: Computational Linguistics/Cognition: Assistant Professor, Indiana University, Bloomington, USA

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:13:55
From: Michael Gasser < gasser at indiana.edu >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: Indiana University
Department: Cognitive Science Program
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Cognition

As one of a series of new appointments, the Cognitive Science Program at
Indiana University seeks applicants with a developing strong record of
research in 'Computational Approaches to Language and Cognition', broadly
defined. Rank is open. We are looking for someone with vision, energy, and
a desire to explore new forms of interdisciplinary study. The right
candidate is more important than the specific disciplinary background.
Junior applicants should send full dossiers, including letters of
recommendation and sample papers. Senior applicants may do the same, but we
also encourage potential senior applicants to contact us directly to
discuss possibilities.

Indiana University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Applications from women and minority group members are especially encouraged. We
may also be able to consider joint hiring of two affiliated applicants both in
the field.

As far as possible, e-mail all materials (ideally in PDF format) to
cogsrch at indiana.edu.  Materials may also be mailed to Professor Michael
Gasser, Computation, Language Cognition Search Committee, Cognitive Science
Program, Eigenmann 819, 1910 E. 10th St., Bloomington, IN  47406-7512.

Applications received by December 1, 2005 are assured full consideration.
Address any questions you have about the position to gasser at indiana.edu.

Address for Applications:

Professor Michael Gasser
Computation, Language Cognition Search Committee, Cognitive Science Program
Eigenmann 819, 1910 E. 10th St.
Bloomington, IN 47406
United States of America

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2005