16.2262, FYI: Kluwer Academic Publishers & Springer Verlag Merge

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 26 20:52:59 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2262. Tue Jul 26 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2262, FYI: Kluwer Academic Publishers & Springer Verlag Merge

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 26-Jul-2005
From: Jasper de Vaal < jasper.devaal at springer-sbm.com >

Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:51:25
From: Jasper de Vaal < jasper.devaal at springer-sbm.com >

Kluwer Academic Publishers and Springer-Verlag have merged into a combined
publishing company simply known as Springer.

As a result of the merger, with our combined forces, the new Springer will
be the second largest academic publisher in the fields of science,
technology and medicine (STM) in the world. Together, the companies will
publish 1,250 journals and some 3500 book titles each year, focusing on
clinical medicine, biomedicine and the life sciences, economics and
statistics, physics and the engineering sciences, mathematics, linguistics,
social sciences, arts and more.

Visit www.springeronline.com for more information.