16.2266, Qs: Australian Eng Corpora; Agreement on Unaccusatives

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jul 27 14:57:45 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2266. Wed Jul 27 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2266, Qs: Australian Eng Corpora; Agreement on Unaccusatives

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Jessica Boynton <jessica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 27-Jul-2005
From: Eleni Petraki < eleni.petraki at optusnet.com.au >
Subject: Australian English Corpora

2)
Date: 26-Jul-2005
From: Christopher Johns < c.s.r.johns at dur.ac.uk >
Subject: Double Agreement on Unaccusatives

Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:55:59
From: Eleni Petraki < eleni.petraki at optusnet.com.au >

Dear colleagues,

I am interested in finding out corpora of Australian English that may be
available either online or on the market. I would like to buy a corpus for
the university to be used by both ESL teachers and students  and would also
like to recommend websites that may be useful for ESL/EFL preservice
teachers.  Any information would be appreciated.

Are there any international English corpora that i could also have a look at?

Thank you
Dr Eleni Petraki
School of Languages, International Studies and Tourism
University of Canberra,
Bruce, ACT, Australia.
Phone: +61 2 62015219
E-mail: eleni.petraki at canberra.edu.au

Linguistic Field(s): Text/Corpus Linguistics