16.2295, Jobs: Socioling: Visiting Asst. Professor, Reed College

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Jul 31 18:27:45 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2295. Sun Jul 31 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2295, Jobs: Socioling:  Visiting Asst. Professor, Reed College

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 28-Jul-2005
From: robert brightman < robert.brightman at reed.edu >
Subject: Sociolinguistics:  Visiting Assistant Professor, Reed College, Portland, USA

Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 14:22:34
From: robert brightman < robert.brightman at reed.edu >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: Reed College
Department: Linguistics Program
Job Rank: Visiting Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics; pragmatics, discourse, computational linguistics

Reed College seeks applications for a one-year visiting position in Linguistics
at the visiting assistant professor level for the academic year 2005-6,
beginning August 2005.  We will be especially interested in candidates who can
teach in one or more of the following areas: sociolinguistics; computational
linguistics; discourse, corpus-based linguistics; dialectology, language
variation and change, historical linguistics; pidgins and creoles, language
contact; language families/areas other than Austronesian and Algonquian.
Teaching load is five courses over the academic year, plus some senior thesis
advising.  Prior teaching experience desirable.  Given the extreme time
pressure, we would request all applications and supporting documents, including
letters of recommendation, to be sent either by email or by express mail to the
address below.

Address for Applications:

Robert Brightman
Linguistcs Search Committee
Reed College
Portland, OR 97202
United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

Robert Brightman
Email: robert.brightman at reed.edu
Phone: 503 771-1112 ext 7335