16.1824, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Brown University

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 9 17:18:46 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1824. Thu Jun 09 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1824, Jobs: Applied Linguistics:  Lecturer, Brown University

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Jun-2005
From: Merle Krueger < Merle_Krueger at brown.edu >
Subject: Applied Linguistics:  Lecturer, Brown University, Providence, USA

Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:15:55
From: Merle Krueger < Merle_Krueger at brown.edu >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: Brown University
Department: Center for Language Studies
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; ASL
Required Language(s): American Sign Language (ASE)

Lecturer in American Sign Language
Center for Language Studies, Brown University

The Center for Language Studies at Brown University seeks to appoint
a Lecturer in American Sign Language to a three-year renewable
contract, to begin teaching in September 2005.  Masters degree or
higher in Deaf Studies, Applied Linguistics, or related field
required. Applicant must have college or university teaching
experience and demonstrated fluency in American Sign Language, as
well as ASLTA certification and documented involvement with the Deaf
Community.  The successful candidate will assume full responsibility
for a two-year sequence of instruction in ASL, teaching six sections
per year and contributing to curriculum and materials development.

Applications will begin being evaluated on June 13th and will
continue to be accepted until the position is filled or closed.
Competitive salary and benefits.  Brown University is an Equal
Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer, and we encourage
applications from women and minorities.  Send letter of application,
curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation to: Beth Bauer,
ASL Search Committee Chair, Center for Language Studies, Brown
University, Box 1982, Providence, RI 02912.

Address for Applications:

Dr. Beth Bauer
Center for Language Studies
Box 1982
Providence, RI 02912
United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

Dr. Merle Krueger
Email: Merle_Krueger at brown.edy
Phone: 401-863-2589