16.1852, Qs: Motion Events; Audio Recording in Classrooms

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Jun 12 19:20:03 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1852. Sun Jun 12 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1852, Qs: Motion Events; Audio Recording in Classrooms

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date: 10-Jun-2005
From: Iraide Ibarretxe < iraide at unizar.es >
Subject: Motion Events and Frog Stories

2)
Date: 09-Jun-2005
From: Jason Kooiker < kooiker at berkeley.edu >
Subject: Audio recording in Classrooms

Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:18:01
From: Iraide Ibarretxe < iraide at unizar.es >

Dear Colleagues,

One of my research interests is the analysis of motion events (Talmy 1991,
2000). Recently, I've been investigating how languages differ (both
quantitatively and qualitatively) in the type of description they offer for
the semantic components of a motion event.

At the moment I'm trying to collect as much contrastive data on motion
events as possible. This is why I need your help.

I'm looking for researchers who have collected data using the picture-book
Frog, where are you?, the so-called Frog stories, and who are willing to
fill in a questionnaire that explores the description of motion events in
the Frog stories and the mechanisms that languages use for such a description.

If you'd like to take part and share your data with me, please send me a
message (iraide at unizar.es).

Many thanks in advance!

Best wishes,

Iraide