16.1945, Qs: Coding Laughter; Relative Clauses

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 23 22:27:27 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1945. Thu Jun 23 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1945, Qs: Coding Laughter; Relative Clauses

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Jessica Boynton <jessica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-Jun-2005
From: Mary Zdrojkowski < mzdrojkow at emich.edu >
Subject: Coding Laughter

2)
Date: 23-Jun-2005
From: Bao-yu Hsieh < m931020017 at student.nsysu.edu.tw >
Subject: Relative Clauses in Existential Sentences

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:25:16
From: Mary Zdrojkowski < mzdrojkow at emich.edu >

I'm researching laughter in interaction and am looking for a way to code
the types of laughter in my corpus of writing center tutorials. Also, I'm
trying to devise a classification scheme that ties a particular type of
laughter with an emotion i.e. nervousness, anxiety, pleasure, and wonder if
anyone else is looking at this.

Thank you very much, Mary Zdrojkowski

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis
                     Psycholinguistics