16.1952, Jobs: Computational Ling: Programmer, America Online

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 24 15:42:54 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1952. Fri Jun 24 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1952, Jobs: Computational Ling:  Programmer, America Online

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 23-Jun-2005
From: Bela Patel < belapatel00 at aol.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics:  Programmer, America Online, Seattle, USA

Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:36:08
From: Bela Patel < belapatel00 at aol.com >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: America Online
Department: Tegic
Job Rank: Programmer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Discipline of
Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Language Description;
Writing Systems
Required Language(s): Japanese (JPN),  Japanese Family

Company: America Online/Tegic
Location:  Seattle, WA
Position:  44298BR Assoc Software Engineer.  Visit us online to view the
opening at:  www.aol.com/careers

Tegic Communications is a global market leader with a track record of
building robust, innovative, embedded software that enhances communications
on small mobile devices. We are a subsidiary of America Online, Inc.
Headquartered in Seattle,WA, with offices in Bangalore, Beijing, Hong Kong,
France, and Tokyo.

Job Description:
Language Specialty: Japanese.  Job Description: Tegic Communications,
headquartered in Seattle, is looking for a Japanese-speaking linguist to
join our development team. We are looking for someone to take on the
continuing development of our Japanese T9 language databases, as we
continue to grow our market share in the Japanese phone market.

Required Skills: Bachelors or Masters degree in Linguistics or Computer
Science, native proficiency in Japanese, proficiency in English Perl
scripting, C coding. Preferred Skills: Any experience with natural language
processing would be a real asset.  You can check us out and learn what we
do by going to www.tegic.com.

Send resume in WORD format to careers at aol.net and remember to reference
req. 44298BR or 44297BR.

Address for Applications: